Request for Proposals
Each year the PTO raises money to fund purchases and programs to enrich the educational experience of NHS students. As a result of the generosity of NHS families and the greater Northampton community, we are able again to issue a Request for Proposals to the teachers and staff of NHS.
If you would like to request funding for a program planned during the 2017-18 school year, please complete the one-page grant application form and return it to the PTO mailbox in the front office. A subcommittee of the PTO will meet with Bryan Lombardi to review proposals and decide how to allocate the funds.
With this initiative, the PTO hopes to support your creativity and/or address some modest needs at NHS that may be unmet by the district budget. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Fall 2017 Grants Awarded
- Annual Student Art Exhibit: reception costs
- College Fair for Juniors: 2 buses
- College Readiness for Parents/Gaurdians of Juniors & Seniors: 2 presenters
- ELL Family Breakfast: ELL Students and family breakfast to build community
- Hydroponics in the Classroom: Materials for a hydroponics growing lab for basil and tomatoes
- Magazines for the NHS Library: Low-level reading material for the library to support ELL, SpecEd, and GOALS student population
- NHS Art Notecards / Notecard Project: Printing postcards of student art which they will sell to fundraise for art supplies and continue the project
- NHS Permanent Art Collection: $100 gift cart for art supplies to 1 student who’s art is then framed ($150) and hung up in the main / guidance area of the school.
- One Revolution Assembly: Inspirational speaker fee
- Teaching with Trout: Set up of a class hatchery.
- Performance Project Tenderness Residencies: “Performance residencies” in which students engage in acting workshops and performance excerpts from the touring production of Tenderness.
- Warning Signs; Understanding Domestic Abuse: Equipment to film VR narratives for a piece to raise domestic abuse awareness.
- Yale Model UN Conference: Advisor and delegate fees and hotel rooms in New Haven.